Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Internship at E-One!

So...I have yet to even mention the internship aspect of this program, which was one of the main reasons I decided to actually do this program..so I apologize.

Anywho, today was my first day of the internship at E-One, which is an environmental organization that is associated with the BASE (Business Alliance for a Sustainable Evanston). I am extremely excited to get involved with this business and to help them in their "vision". Let me start from the beginning..

The ACM program requires an internship experience which is probably the most exciting part of this term. During this past summer, we (students in the program) were to search the web for companies that we feel like would be a great fit for us, educationally. The best part of this is the fact that most students have much different backgrounds and want to get into a lot of different fields of work. Since I am trying to get some exposure into the environmental business field, I had been looking at many small environmental companies, while other students in the programs are getting into various other fields. Some of these are the music/record label industry, consulting industry, event planning, human resources....you get the idea. You look for something that you really like, then you let the ACM directors do all the contacting for you (Unless you already have something lined up before you get up here). E-One was one of my top choices when I was looking into this organization, because it was small enough that I could make a difference in the management of it, but it was established enough that it would provide something educational and worthwhile. So I'm really excited about the flexibility that is going to be given to me in the marketing and sales strategy to try and build their clientèle.


Off the subject a little, I came back downtown, starving, so I found the nearest restaurant to find something to munch on. Decided to go to this restaurant which was called Ronny's Original Steak House cause it wasn't too pricey and it looked pretty decent. It was right off the "El" and it smelled fantastic-ly greasy. Ordered a jumbo polish sausage with fries for around 5 bucks and they actually DEEP FRIED a polish sausage. Long story short, as I was eating that deliciously processed pork, I could almost feel my arteries and heart failing. But damn, it was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment